Monday, October 08, 2007

Like A Child - Ps. 131

"Lord my heart is not proud; my eyes are not haughty. I don't concern myself with matters too great or awesome for me. But I have stilled and quieted myself, just as a small child is quiet with its mother. Yes, like a small child is my soul within me." Ps. 131

How refreshing and comforting is this verse in a world filled with stress and responsibility? How many things do I concern myself with upon which I can have little or no impact? How good is it to be still before the Lord? How awesome is it that the Creator of the universe who knows and has planned ALL things from beginning to end, calls ME to be his child? He is MY FATHER. Whom and what could I possibly fear? Does he not know all? Will he not care for his child? I will rest in the Lord.

Father, thank you for loving and providing for me. I trust you completely.

Todays reading: Ezra 9-10; Ps. 131; Lk. 21

1 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi M,
What a wonderful read and the feeling I had. I also thank GOD everyday that he has blessed me with this kind of spirit. Some people have told me that I must not care about things but I say I just not concerned and I keep quiet. Resting in is will is so comforting. Thanks M !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home