Monday, October 01, 2007

Salt - Lk. 14:34, 35

"Salt is good for seasoning. But if it loses its flavor, how do you make it salty again? Flavorless salt is good neither for the soil nor for fertilizer. It is thrown away." Lk. 14:34, 35

There are certain verses that are always convicting to me. I don't want to be flavorless salt, or a lamp that is hidden, but sometimes I wonder about my witness in the world around me. Oh, they see me as a good, moral person -- even a Christian. But how effective have I been at actually SPREADING the gospel message to those who don't know Christ? If I were to grade myself, I could not give myself better than a "C," and I tell my kids that, as far as their school is concerned, this is unacceptable! I know I need to improve, I just don't know how.

God, I pray that you will open doors for me to share you with those who don't know you. More importantly, show me an avenue that I can travel where this can become a regular part of my life. I am willing, show me the way.

Today's reading: Zech. 10-12; Ps, 126; Lk. 14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home