Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Lost And Found - Lk. 15:32

"We had to celebrate this happy day. For your brother was dead and has come back to life! He was lost, but now he is found." Lk. 15:32

Every time I read the Prodigal Son, I have a difficult time not relating to the feelings of the older brother. But thank God I have a Father in heaven whose sole focus is redemption, because in reality, my life story is really that of the younger son. I was given everything as a youth, including the opportunity for salvation. Like the story, I squandered it all until I hit rock bottom and came running back to God. Not only did he accept me, but he poured out abundance! I will never understand our God's mercy and love, but I thank him every day, and need to constantly remind myself from whence I came anytime I start to feel even the smallest hint of pride.

God, thank you for always scanning the horizon to save those who are lost and searching for you. Thank you for finding ME.

Today's reading: Zech. 13, 14; Ps. 147; Lk. 15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home