Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Heavenly Rewards - Lk. 16:9

"I tell you, use your worldly resources to benefit others and make friends. In this way, your generosity stores up a reward for you in heaven."Lk. 16:9

The story of the shrewd manager has always bothered me because it appears that he is rewarded for dishonesty; but put in the context of this verse, I can better understand the story (but not entirely). I can relate because God has blessed me with resources, and instead of feeling guilt or unworthiness, I can instead see a godly use for this blessing AND store up heavenly rewards in the process! What a perfect body our Father has created. While the poor may not have resources, they have other gifts that the body desperately needs; those with resources may not have the gifts the poor have, but they can take care of the poor! I still don't get the dishonesty part, or the focus on the making of friends, but that's OK, God's plan is ultimately perfect.

God, thank you for the resources you have provided. Continue to show me how you want them used; grow my vision, help me to see as you see.

Today's reading: Ezra 5, 6; Ps. 138; Lk. 16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home