Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Predestined - Jn. 6:43-45

"But Jesus replied, 'Don't complain about what I said. For people can't come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them to me... They will be taught by God. Everyone who hears and learns from the Father comes to me.'" Jn. 6:43-45

It's almost like Jesus is saying, "Don't worry if you can't accept what I say, because you would only be able to accept it if God has called you." The implication being that you can only be saved if you have been previously "called," or predestined. This is that concept that us mere humans have an impossible time wrapping our heads around (how can you be predestined yet still have free-will?) -- but what it also tells me is that the Holy Spirit's role was critical WAY before Jesus' death. Without guidance by the Holy Spirit, we would never find our way to God.

God, thank you for loving us enough to send your Holy Spirit to lead us to you.

Today's reading: Jn. 5, 6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home