Friday, December 28, 2007

But A Vapor - Rev. 4:11

From yesterday's reading:

"For you created everything, and it is for your pleasure that they exist and were created." Rev. 4:11

It occurred to me when I read this verse that the world was created with the end in mind. That, for reasons we may never understand, God had a desire to have an eternal relationship with a group of beings, that he created, who freely chose him as their Savior. That the world was simply created as a testing grounds of sorts, to sift out those who would indeed get to enjoy that eternal gift. That all those who see God as a mean, overbearing dictator, and have decided that, "If that is how God is, then I want nothing to do with him--I don't want him as MY God," are missing the entire point. They don't have any choice, he IS their God. Whether they choose him or not, their world will end as it was designed to, and they will either continue to exist for eternity with him or for eternity in torment -- those are their ONLY real choices. Our lifetimes are but a millisecond in God's timetable. As the Bible says, we are "but a vapor" that appears for a little while then are gone. We should not be thinking of ourselves as any more than that. Us humans have a major flaw in that we believe that what we think actually matters, when in reality we were simply created for GOD'S pleasure.

God, please help me to always keep my purpose in perspective. Keep Satan's lies far from my heart. In and of myself, I have no importance -- I am simply occupying space on this earth unless I am doing your will.

Today's reading: Rev. 5-9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home