Sunday, April 13, 2008

Not My Will... - 1Cor. 9:17

From 3/24/2008 reading:

"If I were doing this of my own free will, then I would deserve payment. But God has chosen me and given me this sacred trust, and I have no choice." 1Cor. 9:17

Therein lies the difference between Paul and I -- often I think I have a choice. I will go through periods of time where I feel like I am just going to "live life," as if I had no calling. Just live day to day, "like everyone else." I know in the back of my mind that I am just fooling myself, but it is kind of like a sabbatical; a brief period where I don't want to feel responsible to the body of Christ. Then reality hits and I realize that God put me on this earth with a purpose in mind.

Lord, I pray that you refresh your purpose and vision for me on a daily basis--let it be fresh every day.

Today's reading: Josh. 18-20; 1Cor. 9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home