Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Gimme Shelter - Ps. 9:9-10

From 4-14-2008 reading:

"The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, have never abandoned anyone who searches for you."
Ps. 9:9-10


What comfort this Psalm brings! My God is my shelter and refuge when times are tough, I can trust in him and he will NEVER abandon me. In a world that guarantees nothing, my God guarantees everything that matters. It is HIM in whom I will trust, not my abilities, intelligence or planning. He is my refuge; He knows what I need; He will not disappoint. Today's OT reading was 1Sam 17, David and Goliath -- there is no better illustration of God taking care of his people. My job is to trust him and be obedient.

Lord, thank you for this promise.

Today's reading: 1Sam 17; Ps. 9; Mt. 2

2 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN and AMEN! Great verse.

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello my dear friend.

As always his timing is so good. Not only will he never abandon us but do it for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6zdihmwy1M

I think about you always M. Hope your family is doing well. Yes we are so blessed.

V

 

Post a Comment

<< Home