Sunday, April 13, 2008

Prayer of Jabez - 1Chr. 4:10

"'Oh, that you would bless me and extend my lands! Please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain!' And God granted him his request." 1Chr. 4:10

It was good to read this. I was telling Bill just the other day that at times I feel guilty for how blessed I am. Not that I want to have trouble or live in tribulation, but doesn't the Bible tell me that if God loves me like a father he will at times have to punish me? That as Christians we WILL suffer? I have not suffered much, and I pray that I don't, but this has always been a difficult issue for me to reconcile. But Jabez's prayer was for God to, "...keep me from all trouble and pain!" And God did!

Thank you God for blessing me, I know that this is your gift, and nothing based on merit.

Today's reading: 1Sam. 14; 1Chron. 4; 2Cor. 13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home