Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Redeemer Lives - Job 19:25

"As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and that he will stand upon the earth at last." Job 19:25

After all that has happened to Job, after he concludes that God has abandoned him, he never loses faith that God will raise him after he has died, redeem him, and he will get to see God face to face. This is a man who, even if he does not understand his current circumstances, never loses perspective on who God is. God is God, regardless of what he personally is going through. I like to think that I am this strong... I honestly just don't know. I imagine that this is the very thing that Satan wanted to test. I can preach this, but unless I walk it, there is no way to really know how I would respond. I do know that I do not want to be tested! I think I need to REALLY consider my commitment/faith in God. Is it in any way dependent on circumstances, or will it stand up to a Job-like" test? Hmmm...

God, you know my love for you and my faith in who you are. I pray that you continue to strengthen and build me into the man of faith that you need me to be. Ultimately, you are all that matters--help me to live this fact every day.

Today's reading: Job 19; Mk. 1-2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home