Monday, December 17, 2007

Eyes On Heaven II - 2Pet. 3:13-14

"But we are looking forward to the new heaven and new earth he has promised, a world where everyone is right with God. And so, dear friends, while you are waiting for these things to happen, make every effort to live a pure and blameless life. And be at peace with God." 2Pet. 13-14

That last line really hit me, "And be at peace with God." What does that mean? It's what I want and desire, but in the moments I feel that peace I also feel a sense of arrogance. Like how could I ever really feel right before God? I know I am saved, and I know it is Jesus that God sees. But I also KNOW me... every part of me. And most of it is nothing to be peaceful or proud about--especially in front of God! The only thing that bridges the gap is my faith that God means what he says. To feel that sense of peace is to live in a constant state of denial of what I know I am in this carnal state, with a focus instead on what GOD knows I am -- his son.

Lord, show me what it means to be at peace with you.

Today's reading: 2Pet. 1-3; Jn. 1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home