Friday, December 14, 2007

Eyes On Heaven - Jude 1:19

"They live by natural instinct because they do not have God's Spirit living in them." Jude 1:19

The world throws up SO many distractions, and it can be hard to keep a heavenly focus in the midst of daily living. In that daily living, we are constantly confronted by people who "live by natural instinct," and we have to listen to their perspective of life which is based solely on human logic and intellect. This is dangerous for me because I am weak and easily enticed by the material world, or an argument that I can justify as "defense of the faith." The power of the need to be right is an amazing thing indeed! That is why today's reading in Hebrews was SO awesome. I am reminded that I did NOT come to a "physical mountain," but "to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem... to thousands of angels in joyful assembly... to the assembly of God's firstborn children, whose names are written in heaven... to God himself, who is the judge of all people."Heb. 12:18-23 I have to keep my eyes on heaven, and all that God himself has prepared for me.

Holy Spirit, help me to keep my focus on the things that matter -- fill me with YOUR wisdom.

Today's reading: Heb. 12, 13; Jude

1 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i , too, like to believe in something greater in the bigger picture of things.
when people live "by natural instinct" they let a lot of things pass them by tending to surrender to material things. i mean, if we as humans are flawed, so must be everything we make: including a life "based solely on human logic and intellect."

who can really say if there's a God or not or a right or wrong to those people? But when I give myself to something greater up there, I feel something inside me fill that's unexplainable.

and it's nice to know someone else out there believes too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home